Artist who gave me ideas for my art

Judy Millar

Born: 1957 (age 64 years), Auckland

Judy Millar is one of New Zealand’s most well-known artists on the international stage. She splits her time between Auckland and Berlin and has a strong reputation in Europe that is only growing more over time. Her Large-scale gestural paintings defy proportions, attempting to disrupt and invade the spaces in which they are placed. She creates Long, looping paintings that seem to spill out of the wall, creating vast coils in the gallery space are a trademark of her work.

Judy Millar inspired me to use a squeegee to create beautiful waves that give my art piece more movement that it needed. The hair like lines within my art was create with the squeegee, the squeegee has made so many little marks on my art work that it looks rather inviting.

links for information

Jason Martin

Jason Martin (British, b.1970) is an artist who was born in Jersey, UK.

Jason Martin oil paintings demonstrate his modern minimalism, and his collection of silver cast works pushes his obsession with the properties of accumulated paint and its sculptural ability to new heights. Martins art has many different colours and styles in his art work but usually uses a single colour of oil paint. Jason Martin uses a large comb-like tool, over the wet paint to create streaks, patterns, and swirls on his work to create the wonders of his work.

Jason Martin work inspired me to uses different techniques on my own work as well as using bright colours. I added more than one just so it looked more intense. His work his the movement I’ve been looking for, the way it waves around or has hair line details. I think the flow it beautiful .

links for more information

Alexis Neal

Contemporary New Zealand artist.

For Alexis Neal to express herself she’s combined weaving and printmaking in her work. Combination of printed Hahnemühle paper and raranga whakairo is the ideal union of these two mediums. She used patterns to make a repetitive process or formula to develop a striking design, and creative an exploration of materiality and shape in each of these mediums.

Alexis Neal art inspired me with her weaving, by looking at her work I wanted to create a large weave but with more colour and detail with paint. Her work has such symmetry and it so appealing to the eye. I was planing on making every Long bit of paper straight but I choose to make mine more rustic and messy.

links for more information