Week 1

First day of palimpsest, Once I finaly start playing around with materials in class I really loved the idea of light being my media, using layers, light and shadow I wanted to create depth without a brush.

Started with not fully cutting out an object from a photography book.

From this I generated the idea of shadow and light using cutting, revealing and subtraction.

Using other objects I was able to play with that idea further creating shadow with twists, folding and cutting out.
Using this photo I was able to create shadow which related to the lighting in the photo itself.

Overall I liked the idea of adding depth to 2D paper objects, The map has slight creases to add shadow (inspired by Riyo Nemeth)

Riyo Nemeth | i like this art
Riyo Nemeth

The only recomended artist I was inspired by (I feel the other artists that were recomended wernt going in the direction I wanted to go; She adds depth with gradient, giving that light and shadow effect, which gave me the idea of how I can manipulate light and shadow myself.

JUST AN ILLUSION # 229 | Light art, Shadow art, Illusions
Fabrizio Corneli

During my reaserch I came across this artist who uses concentrated light to show the shadow effect, almost revealing his art. I love this idea, i want to base my whole project of reveal through light.

Layers of Light: Intuitive Paper Cutting - YouTube
Amy Maricle

I want to get into layering paper, revealing a picture with light, I didnt have the time to create this idea, Its one of my top priorities for nextweek.