Week 2

Inspired by week 1 I decided to take it in the direction of negative spaces, to cut out photos in ways that make the audience understand/ imagine whats missing.

(Left) all my art works in which I developed the idea of negative space, (right) I cut out a photo only realising the photo behind is more interesting (portrait of lady)

As a class we learnt how to do print making, I enjoyed the process, it was fun to mess around and wonder what the end result is going to be, I made a Sun to tie in that Light theme, but ultimately did not want to push this type of media further.

Pushing the light idea further I wanted to create portraits with layering cut out figures so you can only see the full picture under a light, this is definitely the direction I want to go with and I know I can generate more ideas from this method. Its not a difficult process, it inspired me so much, building ideas of what or who should I create. (Inspired by Amy Maricle)

An artist inspiration that I can relate to is Gavin Hurley the harsh tone in the face can relate to the layeing of my portraits.

Gavin Hurley - Painting Business - Wellington - Eventfinda