Final Display

Looking back at our final work, I’m satisfied with the machines we created since I found it quite challenging at first. In the beginning, I though that I had to come up with very intricate machines that no one else has ever done before, then I slowly realised that that wasn’t the idea behind art machine. The point of art machines are to explore how humans interact with the world and putting the machines in control. It also taught me the lesson that art making can be silly and not the traditional hand to paintbrush, it could also be a performance, like using a catapult to throw paint onto yourself or playing with things around you, such as a slinky.

For or Final Display we showed our results from the catapult on the shirt/paper as well as had the catapult placed in front of the shirt and a picture of Kurt after using the catapult. We also showed the slinky markings and had the slinky placed between them and finally had the results made from the pendulums.

I really liked how a machines explores movement, time/rhythm and the way humans interact with the world around them.

What I would do differently for next time is to go bigger and to maybe venture out in making mechanical machines or even doing machines that directly worked with the environment such as Meg Rodgers or Margie Livingston.