Thursday 26 August

For the aim of this experiment, I wanted to test whether I could successfully work with a variety of complex colours of light to bring out the artwork. It is the colour of glass that I used to represent the green in the piece. I decide to change the shape of the railway track. To show the audience what is going on behind the scenes of the work. In particular, I like how the more critical light makes the glass bottle seem more prominent than it is, and I like how the light creates a yellow dot that gives the sense of a sunset in the distance. My favourite part about this piece is how the yellow light reflects strongly at the bottom of the work, which reminds me of a sun setting near the sea, which was not my intention, but I want to explore more. The contrast between the red and yellow lights is pleasing to the eye. The red light provides my art with a foundational form, and the movements give movement to my work, therefore not so static. In the future, I would want to expand the size of my work and utilise a larger sheet of fabric. I want to start layering the shadows and using fault items to discover a new connection with the light. By bringing shadows to life through my work, I want to cause the object shadow to be methylated to the viewer time. Although the yellow light makes them motionless, it also brings out the colour in the glass, which is why I don’t want to remove it. I want to explore animating the shadows and making them flow more naturally inside the artwork for this piece. I want to experiment with various colour sheets to see how they depict the connection between the object and the light.