‘VERISIMILITUDE’ – ‘Real’ SCULPTURE Spatial Sketch 11.

Spatial Sketch: Shadow Play

‘DESIDERIUM’ Senses Intermedia: Performance Art / Dance / Video / Photography (See Reflection)

Spatial Sketch: Clay Sculpture

‘Disunity, Unconnected Pathways’ Loss of Senses Sculpture: Clay, Animal Hair, Woven Kete

Subject CEREBRUM (BRAIN) – The Cerebrum is divided into two hemispheres called the Cerebral. The Parietal brain lobe connects and controls the messages from the five major senses of sight, smell, hearing, taste and touch. Loss of the senses can happen at any age, due to viruses, allergies, nasal polyps, sinus infections, medications, eyesight failure, loud noise, etc.

Valuing the brain is as important to me as valuing the outer shell of the body. It’s what’s inside that really counts. I value my brain. It takes me places, and lets me see, smell, hear, taste and touch the world in my unique way. The brain is a taonga to value and care for.

Fig 1. Making a Brain using Modelling Clay, 2021.
Fig 2. ‘Disunity, Unconnected Pathways’ Sculpture: Clay, Hair. 2021.
Fig 3. ‘Connections within a Kete Of Knowledge’ Sculpture: Clay, Hair, Woven Basket. 2021.
Fig 4. ‘Illumination Nest within a Kete of Knowledge’ Sculpture: Clay, Hair, Woven Basket.
Fig 5. ‘Unity within a Kete of Knowledge’ Sculpture: Clay, Hair, Woven Basket.