Monday  6th September 

More things I have found 

-house paint 

– house paint rollers and brushes 

-Black paper

Focusing on responding to imagery from the past weeks.

While looking around my house for supplies I found some small chips of wood in my dad’s workshop. I then found some black A4 paper. I dipped the wood chip in white acrylic paint and stamped it onto the paper. I was left with a page covered in lines, differing in shapes and sizes but still mostly uniform. I enjoyed the use of positive and negative space in the painting, and I am hoping that I may be able to do this same technique but on a larger scale. As I don’t have much paper that is bigger than A3 I was thinking about using an old pillowcase, sheet or some fabric. I also found a roll of brown wrapping paper, and it reminded me of the paper we used in studio; I am interested in seeing how the acrylic paint reacts to this paper, as well as the house paint I have.  The effects the paint had on the paper caused warping as it is low quality and not thick.

The lines I made on the page reminded me of cave paintings or marks on a chalkboard.

Artist research 

I found artwork by Nicole miller; this work is an inkblot print and made me think about the black and white painting I did. Some of the shapes in the work looks like human figures and I was thinking about a way to combine the stamp painting, with the image I am responding to from the past week. 

Nicole Miller

Images I am responding to

Most recent paintings