Lockdown Set up

For my lockdown workspace, I have had to set up my art in the main living room. I have found it tough to maintain a clean workspace because it is very small in comparison to the room I have in the studio.

I have left a lot of paints and tools at uni that I could have used at home which I have found difficult. I have had to resort to using personal acrylic paint and oil-based ink as opposed to the house paint I was mainly working with. I did manage to find lots of different tools I could use from around the house. This includes sanding paper, sharp objects to scrape, leaves and sticks from outside, etc. I also managed to find lots of old books and comics with beautiful images that could be nice to work with. I am keen to keep looking around for some more objects to work with but I think that for now, I can see where these materials can take me in my exploration.

I am already finding it difficult to continue to work off of the artwork I had done in the studio because I didn’t manage to get good photos of them or bring them home with me. I can work from memory because I do know what I am doing but I would find it more insightful if I had more of my own work to gain inspiration from. I enjoy making comparisons with my work and seeing the visual narrative I make through my explorations. It helps me to extend my thinking and hone in on specific aspects of my work that could be interesting to further delve into.

But for now, this is the space I have to work with, I am excited to see what influence my new materials and environment will have on my art.