In praise of laziness

when I first started planning ideas for these shoots I started coming up with a list of leisurely activities to do. The main idea that I had was going on walks, this ended up working out with the lockdown as I was still able to go out and take photos on walks. I went on both day and night walks all around different parts of my neighborhood. I have been going out on walks almost every day with my family and we have started walking around a track that we used to walk a lot when my brother and I were young. I really like how bright and vibrant the colours are from the day walk photos.

After taking photos on some of our leisurely walks I started to think about the title In praise of laziness, I have decided that I don’t feel as though my photos are showing this idea. When I think of laziness the first things that come to my mind are sitting or lying down and relaxing and not really doing much. I’ve started to look at technology and how especially while we are currently stuck at home a lot of people are using technology more than they possibly normally would.

overall I am happy with the work I have produced throughout this topic however I think I could have extended my ideas more as I feel as though they are still very basic. If I were to continue with this theme I would like to try out more animation or video for my works as I haven’t really worked with either before this topic and I was pretty happy with my results.

One Reply to “In praise of laziness”

1. A great start to the semester, Lucy! You have made some great explorations. Your works on leisure are particularly compelling. Ka pai, Lucy!