“Like a villain”.

The phrase “chillin like a villain” has been around for a while, but the first time I heard it was on an old Batman cartoon when I was young. The saying means to really relax, as if your a rich criminal boss with nothing to worry about. For this part, this saying came to mind, and when I think about the phrase “chillin’ like a villain”, I often think of the time one spends in the moment, pondering over thoughts, and fully in relax mode.

I thought long and hard about how I could execute these ideas whilst implementing/referencing the forms of the artists shown in the power point. After thoroughly looking through the power point, I came across the artist Etienne-Jules Marey and their first piece. I found it very interesting, giving the solid effect of motion, and almost looks like a ghost moving at super speed. I wanted to implement the “ghost” effect in my work.

Nicotine + Caffeine = breakfast

By turning down the opacity of the same cigarette at different points, i wanted to recreate the ghostly feeling of Etiennes work, whilst also putting my twist and telling my own story. This photo showcases the simple time I take to really relax my mind, and relieve some stress. I took these photos during my break, and I just wanted to show that the simple things in life really do wonders for your piece of mind.