Process into Image – week 2

A printed screengrab from a film

This image is a screenshot from Back to the future. I wanted to use photoshop for these images. I used the smudge tool and basically drew the screenshot again but with only colours. I find the last drawing to be the most interesting because it kinda resembles the paintings I created in week 1.

A photo without people

For this image, I broke it down into simple shapes and colours. in the first two drawings, I focused on the colours and for the last two, I focused on the shapes and small details like the lines on the fence.

A printed image of a painting made before 1900

I did the same thing here. I broke the image down into simple shapes and colours. For the last one doe I outlined the image and drew the background.

A photo including people

I used a random image generator to gather these random images. I found this one the most interesting because there is a lot going on in the photo. I think the last drawing with the lines is the best out of them. I tried to draw the energy of the photo and I think this drawing captures that.

A piece of rubish

Out of these drawings, I like how the scribbles turned out, the drawings are simple but paints a clear picture which I’m interested in developing in the next few weeks. I’m thinking of combining this technique with the squeezed paint in between the plastic sheets. I think it would be interesting if I drew an image on top.

A piece of fabric

In these drawings I focused a lot on the shadows.

3 Replies to “Process into Image – week 2”

1. Hi there Tobias, I hope you can start loading up some of your work from week 3&4 soon. It would be great to see what you’ve been up to. Don’t leave it all to the last minute!

2. Interesting how you picked up parts of the original image and made different drawings. Interested in the photo without people drawing with the use of crayon, because it looks like the cartoon Elmos World on sesame street lol. Cool work bro!!!

3. Kia ora Tobias, you’ve really got stuck in this week. Great effort! I’m interested in how you analyzed, simplified and reconfigured the Girl with the Pearl earring. How could you keep going with this? It seems to me you could keep making working in response to this image. Remember 4 is the minimum. Keep up the good work!