Real space

FIRST INTERVENTION

for my first intervention I was inspired by Doris Salcedo works. I liked her idea of putting furniture in the most random spot to generate discomfort for the viewer.

dinner for two?

I chose the bathroom because a lot of us see that space as a place of relaxation, privacy and peace. I wanted the space to be unbearable so I had a table set up for two, cause deep down nobody wants to eat their dinner in the bathroom with a faceless figure watching.

SECOND INTERVENTION

I went a different route this time instead of furniture being in a weird space bringing discomfort, I wanted to bring calmness to a room by adding an object that represents that emotion.

I went with the kitchen, specifically the sink area because it’s the most hectic part of our house and washing dishes isn’t something that’s enjoyable or calming. I always feel tense and fidgety whenever I’m doing the dishes, so I decided to juxtapose that with something that calms me down.

I just kept making and adding on origami cranes until I started to become twitchy, just like when I’m washing the dishes. Overall this was a great little task my mum did say that the cranes distracted her which made cleaning the dishes a little less tiring.

One Reply to “Real space”

1. I’m really interested in the images of the table in the toilet. Apart from the wacky idea – the way the image bleaches out the room making it possible for us to see the person’s face. Was that intentional? No matter it’s interesting to think about how else you could use it.