assemblages blag

WP 3D Thingviewer Lite need Javascript to work.
Please activate and reload the page.

the first assemblage here was a donut to which i connected lots of hands to all directions; after reducing the obj a bunch it got preeetty contorted, but i think it looks kind of fun… very alien

Please activate and reload the page.

a ‘clothes horse’ piled with pegs. it was fun trying to scatter the pegs randomly and have them look somewhat fun and natural

Please activate and reload the page.

the money bunny!! I started with a gargoyle originally and amputated its head..

Please activate and reload the page.

i had fun with these but had to reduce the obj’s a lot…. i think i’ll need to use lower poly count models so as to not spend half my day watching meshmixer bug out!!!!!

INSTALLATION

This is sitting here due to being unable to create a new post for the artsteps imbedding.

https://www.artsteps.com/embed/616118ef2dd17819780339e3/560/315

For this exhibition I really wanted to run with the idea that even if you place something seemingly realistic online, in a virtual space, it is forever unreal. I created a shrine like room, blaring, white, safe, but only if for the sense of delicate music playing. I placed the Cristo Redentor directly instead of the starting location, so you are immediately confronted with this monolithic thing. I took advantage of the fact that we can place anything anywhere in artsteps, and covered him in candles. Already this gives a sense of a place of worship. I placed plants throughout, of various sizes, so as to give the effect of an overgrown temple. I didn’t have time to colour everything, but if I would have I think I would have made everything dark, even monotone. The idea of walking through a ‘place of worship’ online is already odd, but I think the fact that everything is white and glaring actually worked alright!

One Reply to “assemblages blag”

1. Love your clothes horse! the pegs are so sweet same with the bird bath on the piller/stool super beautiful! such nice imagery 🙂 so sweet x x