Sculpture – Meshmixer assemblages

I grabbed a bunch of my objects and placed them into Meshmixer. I began by randomly putting them together. Placing object next to or onto of each other to see how they would look. Then I began to create familiar shapes, the bottom reminds me of a uni cycle. I used the sculpt tool to connect and shape parts.

WP 3D Thingviewer Lite need Javascript to work.
Please activate and reload the page.

I tried making a second sculpture however my old laptop couldn’t handle it. The program became extremely laggy and my laptop got dangerously hot. As well as Meshmixer randomly shutting down. I’m hoping to find a way around this or I will have to use less objects.

3 Replies to “Sculpture – Meshmixer assemblages”

1. i think there’s a really cool deception of perception going on here…. whats up or down? i really like it! the bottom half gives me steampunk vibes, which is to say it might even function,,,, somehow…

maybe the restrictions of your computer not letting you have such complex forms may leave you getting to play with subtleties of angles and stuff more?

2. Amazing job – especially with your computer speed. Did the lower poly count help? Its great how all the worries of physics – gravity, don’t apply. For the next ones think about the relative scale of objects – they all seem to belong to the same world at the moment and perhaps some could vary.

3. This looks great Sarah, exactly what we are looking for. The view it presents it self has nice references to the classic Duchamp bicycle . Try reducing your file size as you bring them into Meshmixer and see if that helps. Reducing file size guides are in the guides on BB under Meshmixer basics or the quick meshmixer.