Digital Assemblage: week 3

I manipulated the goblin into a gross mess, adding textures new body parts I wanted him to be ugly, a complete slobber of a mess, I then mirrored it and stacked it onto each other. I really like the colours that contrast, gives you some sort of idea for what you’re looking at.

Using the manipulated goblin I merged it with a cat that I cut in half. The goblin mess looks like guts which I find so interesting, if I give it a new environment and new context the meaning of the object has completely altered, from goblin to cat guts. I added a body within to show that merging duality through contrasting colours.

This art piece gives me a Halloween look, the colours and what i’m portraying is inspiring to me.

I really love the direction i’m going with! I’ve finally gotten some direction that I’m understanding. The colours I’ve used Is my favourite part. Using a truck, tree and half of a shuttlecock I was able to create this. (edit: the truck sculpture crashed and i’m unable to use it)

I’m not interested in merging a lot of objects, merging two to three objects is the direction that i’m happy to continue with. (I’m really sorry but I am unable to import the sculptures into Artsteps because my file is too big! )

(added to fit the criteria)

Using 5 objects I combined a wrench, lighthouse, rose, table and tree. it was boring so i decided to continue my idea of ugly, I manipulated the objects to make it look acidic.

My second idea was to combine the credit card, couch, ladybug, pillory and rubix cube. definitely my favorite, I manipulated it more this time around letting myself see what sticks. I get a real sense of chaotic lounge, the colours pop, the lady bug towers over everything looking like a lamp, we have the main piece which is the ripped couch with a manipulated rubix cube. I love how nothing makes sense in this!

I’m combining the works so that all of my 15 objects are in the piece, I wanted to see how far I can take this mess.

living room

This reminds me of the 2003 film Cat in the Hat, when everything has gone wrong and the box opened to reveal colours of all kind. I love it so much, I tried to use the full potential of the program once I finally understood how to use it, its so chaotic, If I wanted to change it i would manipulate it to be more acidic, ‘ugly’, ‘clumpy’, regardless Im really happy with the results!

2 Replies to “Digital Assemblage: week 3”

1. Amazing stretched cat! This works so well because you have conformed to the structure of the cat for the other assemblage items – Look forward to seeing that painted – don’t forget you need to combine it before you export from Mesh Mixer.