Reality check

Verisimilitude ‘Real: life

Thrown to the wind, 2012 – Wang Zhiyuan

Wangs Zhiyuan’s ‘Thrown to the wind’ is a massive 36-foot sculpture constructed entirely trash. it likewise resembles a multicolored tornado and its constructed from non-decomposable plastic bottles, bags and other items. although this is an intriguing work of art, it hints at a deeper meaning and more significant concern. it’s fascinating to look at but Zhiyuan designed it to reflect the avalanche of waste that’s swamping through his neighborhood, obliterating nature’s beauty. Thrown to the wind is a work of art that overtakes the site that’s its been put in, giving commentary to the very real global challenges. Wang Zhiyuan’s work boarders between reality and imagination composing work that will leave you questioning yourself and your impact on the space around.

for this personal brief i would like to explore scale and size incomparable to us humans. the thought of something being larger than a human tends to strike fear or distrust creating an environment where we become more aware and hyper of our surroundings. For this brief I wanna take a more fake direction, I’m choosing to continue to make 3D models. I do want try and see if I can upload my own objects instead of using the already set objects in mesh mixer. if I can’t upload object, I think I wanna explore using the sculpt tool. there’s a lot of brushes that create really weird but intriguing outcomes and I want to explore that. the possibilities are endless

Once I’ve completed making my models, I’ll definitely be displaying them in Artstep. Artstep is a really fun and easy thing to use. people would get the full experience or my 3D models.