Artist Research

Claudia Jowitt

I am really interested in using the technique that Claudia Jowitt uses of piping paint. I think it is really interesting looking at the different textures created by different piping tips. Claudia Jowitt also uses an impasto painting technique as backgrounds, I enjoyed working with this technique in my verb paintings and I would like to continue with this. I also like the colour palettes however most of my work is using a lot brighter more primary colours so I wont use it in my works.

Laura Owens

Laura owens is an inspiration for my next works, I like how the gridded patterns are layered together and overlapped. I also like the squiggled lines and the orgainic shapes created. The cut out/ erased part of the works are very interesting to me. I would like to experiment with this and try cutting out parts of my work in patterns and squiggly lines.

Jonathan Lasker

I really like the bright colours that Jonathan Lasker uses in his paintings. I like the mix of shapes of solid colour and curved thick painted lines and the juxtaposition of the geometric and organic shapes and lines. I am interested in using grids and layering in my works and I will be using Lasker as an inspiration.

Grace Wright

I would really like to try this technique of painting, layering different squiggly lines over eachother. I also like the bottom image with large sections of solid colour, giving a space of rest amougst the rest of the busy layout. The patterns of the lines remind me of the fungi patterns that I drew and I would like to try recreating that picture with this technique. I like the layering of the lines and how the colours work together to create depth.