Verisimilitude ‘Real’: Imagination Final work.

WP 3D Thingviewer Lite need Javascript to work.
Please activate and reload the page.

https://visualarts.aut.ac.nz/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/final-work-1.obj

Please activate and reload the page.

With this work I wanted to create a sculpture building on ideas from my previous works. I wanted to create something from my imagination, something that couldn’t easily be made with your hands i.e. in real life. My previous works had the same theme of having a central core where I manipulated and added objects to it, I wanted to expand this idea and create two central core and build on top of it. I really liked playing with organic matter and creating this type of mutation where nature is ‘taking over’ in a way. Almost appearing alien yet beautiful simultaneously.

I did have quite some fun creating this work, allowing any possibility to happen such as having the sculpture be hovering, defying gravity. I also played around with different scales like last time.

I’m not surprised to say that functioning the Meshmixer software was another challenge for me. I faced multiple problems that costed me a lot of time waiting it out (like my laptop freezing for 4 hours…). I would’ve liked to reduce the file, exported and uploaded to a digital exhibition on Artsteps if I could do this again and possibly make one more sculpture.

I’ve put in some screenshots as there’s some difficulty loading the embedding code. I’ve put it in multiple times where they have loaded and after some time they no longer work.