Verisimilitude ‘Real’ World

I chose to make a site intervention for my final task as I felt I connected and worked best with this part of the brief. 

For my site intervention, I decided to use my backyard as my location. I live in a suburban area where my street is now; a kiwi fruit orchid used to be. There is also another kiwi fruit orchard behind our house. It is hidden away by a retaining wall, fence and a giant net. I was interested in the relationship between the site’s original use vs what it is used for now. Using the kiwifruit, I was bringing the context of the kiwi fruit orchard back to its original site; before it was taken down for the houses to be built.

One Reply to “Verisimilitude ‘Real’ World”

1. Awesome Bella! I love how you created two different types of interactions between the kiwifruit! In your first assemblage, you can picture the stack falling, but in the second, the kiwifruit are all enclosed in a bag, and know that they won’t fall. It’s an interesting combination in terms of the site! The kiwifruit orchad was taken away – or knocked down like the stack could be – and then sealed away in one area much like the fruit in the bag.
    Love it