Final Summary

Figure 1
Figure 2
Figure 3
Figure 4
Figure 5

I think that the work I have produced over theĀ Process into ImageĀ brief has succeeded in conveying relationships between materials and process. Over this brief I have gained a broad visual vocabulary from impetus, experimentation and processes of mark making. By expanding my painting vocabulary, I have been able to break away from my old art habits, thus creating interesting, exciting artworks I would have never thought I could have produced. I have chosen these five artworks as I think they demonstrate the range of painting and visual techniques I discovered over this brief and the variety of ways I have utilised them. I think that each element in these paintings both compliment and challenge each other. I have learnt how to balance the relationships between figurative and abstract, fluidity and dryness, dark and light, textured and monotoned, and two dimensional and three dimensional to create visually striking images. I realised the importance of using the colour black unapologetically, and being unafraid to paint with my body rather than my mind. I built my pieces using the painting processes I discovered, rather than painting with a pre-planned outcome in mind.Ā