Verisimilitude – Onion Taste

I found todays task to be rather amusing and quite difficult. It’s hard to think of unusual photos without completely humiliating yourself.

Here is a photo of me playing my favourite life sim, I think it’s called ‘Outside’? Not sure, but the acting is very convincing in this game.

Not much to say about this image. I was a bit thirsty.

I’m moving house soon, so of course I need to pack. In this image I have packed away my cat. He is in the box.

Nap time. Very comfy.

Bit of light reading and an onion for lunch.

For these photos I went for a little bit more drama. Leaning towards a little bit of egg chiaroscuro, a little marble sculpture dramatics.

5 Replies to “Verisimilitude – Onion Taste”

1. I love your photos! they are very engaging and eyecatching – especially the shower one. I like how you challenged the objects and brought them into contexts that they often would not be found. I really enjoyed your photos and I am interested to see where your sculptural creativity takes you!

2. The way you work humour into your sculptures is very cool. The onion sculpture is very clever. Aesthetically it’s very pleasing to the eye, but all the elements make you double take and study what’s captured in the photo. Big fan of the chaos.

3. there are some great images here and your thinking is really adventurous. I was thinking about it overnight though and to some extent, you have skipped ahead a day – these works are almost more related to what you will be doing today. So you may need to back up a bit and think more about body and object rather than body and space. How do/can objects sculpt the body? Nice work though.

4. While looking through these images I was super impressed with the one in the shower and also the one where you’re gaming on a window. I think that the shower one reminded me of how most people get so many thoughts in the shower but never write them down. I also just thought the gaming one was admirable.

Super cool works!

5. I was very interested by your first picture. Almost like you are playing a video game but instead of controlling characters you were controlling reality. Everyone responds differently but to me there was a deeper meaning. I also enjoyed the 3rd picture. For something labelled fragile the slight movement of turning the box upside down resembles the idea of broken glass or a fragile item being smashed. Good job I really enjoyed your work!!!