Grapefruit

I grabbed some grapefruit and kiwis and started to slice them up to then dry out in an air fryer. My idea was to play around with dried out fruit either sewing them together to assemble them or to leaves etc.

It took quite a while to dry out the fruit, I hadn’t anticipated how time consuming it actually was, took a few hours. The kiwi’s didn’t turn out so good, they withered and burnt out a little but the grapefruit looks good.

process, before

I decided to sew the slices and some other things onto the leaves. I really like the contrasting colours, orange, green and the red thread. I think it would be cool if I made a few more of these and potentially assemble them together to make one big assemblage. I like the look of these nature assemblages as it gives off witchey vibes so I might lean into that area and maybe melt some candle wax and use it as glue…

I had decided to work on the smaller scale instead of big like I had planned as making things on the smaller scale I can produce more work as the drying stage took a lot of my time.

One Reply to “Grapefruit”

1. Fruit! such a good idea! and easy way to add colour! Love the witchy vibes. I have been using candle wax to put everything together and it’s surprisingly very durable and can take a lot of weight so would definitely recommend exploring! Looking super cool! nice one 🙂 xx