digital artists

Jon Rafman

http://jonrafman.com/

I haven’t come across much digital art, but upon researching I found Jon Rafman’s work. I really enjoy looking at his practice with digital mediums. Through his video and digital sculpture works, Rafman explores the impact of technology on our existence. A topic that heavily impacts us in this day in age and especially in the future. He also utlises google maps as a way to capture the world through our heavily digital world.

I especially enjoyed looking at all the video works that he has done. I think they’re so fascinating and makes you deeply think about how technology and our existence are truly becoming one. The sound track and narrations make incredibly striking works.

In “Oh, the humanity!”, Rafman creates a human wave of people, floating on tubes. I think this work represents the difficulty we have, focusing on our realities in this digital age.

I feel like this film goes through the history of our world, through the digital eyes. Everything is chaotic and feels like a bad dream. Perhaps Rafman believes that this is how the world is in the digital age.

Atlier Martini

Atlier Martini creates digital works with the focus on capturing playfulness, joy and humour creating digital assemblages. His series of digital sculptures are called ‘imaginary sculptures’. Martini fits well with the digital assemblages which we are doing on Meshmixer right now. Martini is able to create simple, yet capturing works which instantly express the seen of surrealness in a joyful way, through the objectscombined and the bright colour palette.

Atlier Martini – BREAKFAST EGG COFFEE TABLE SAUSAGE FORK KNIFE TABLE MOUVEMENT

He also digital deforms and remodel everyday objects to create interesting compositions. This style can be replicated through the ‘sculpt’ tools on mesh mixer.

Atlier Martini – Imaginary Sculptures

Here Martini shows the ways these different objects can come together without morphing them together or attaching them. He utilises the way they can hook, and latch on together. It would be interesting to take this idea into mesh mixer, and when making physical assemblages.