digital exhibition

the embedding is not working for me, so ill paste a link here:

https://www.artsteps.com/view/6163f895e782cbfdeda400fe?currentUser

All of my sculptures in this installation tie in together as they capture the different aspects of ‘dreaming’. ‘breakfast in bed’ explored a dream that seems realistic. However, the ‘orange-go-round’ is an object that seems familiar and unfamiliar at the same time, which is a feeling I often get when I am dreaming. The ‘is this a nightmare’ sculpture explores how surreality in dreams can be the scariest nightmares. The beauty of a virtual experience is that you can present art in a way that you could, or have never. The rules of physics do not apply in a virtual space like this and there are endless possibilities. This virtual space allowed me to able to make the sculptures float, and present them on a scale that would be highly unrealistic in reality. Therefore I think the installation itself becomes part of the work as I was able to present and create my works in a way that could not be physically possible. Just like the concept of a dream where we often experience surreal, imaginary situations.

One Reply to “digital exhibition”

1. hey, Rita! this is really cool, i especially like the orange go round….i couldn’t access your artsteps link, maybe the sharings permission maybe? idk…
    i like the dreaming them you’ve gone with, i think it ties in really nicely with the whole idea of verisimilitude, and especially when it sits within a digital context, as nothing on our screens is in fact real, after all.. i think installation these days is definitely a part of the work, as soon as you have something that isn’t framed, or in a display case, it seems like the boarder is blurred… cool work