Reflection

I had an interesting time with this brief. I was exploring two very different ideas with the Rorschach and the pockets. Ultimately I went with Rorschach to display as it was much more visually effective but I did still enjoy doing the plaster work. Being in the wet lab was heaps of fun and very cool to learn in there. I am proud of myself for venturing into technology with the laser cutter as that’s something I haven’t done before. It makes me realise the importance of harnessing at least some technology skills to improve my work. It opens up so many more possibilities.

At first I had no idea what to do, I think I felt a bit of pressure to make it really good that I just didn’t want to do any of my ideas. But once I got into it, especially in the last couple weeks, I found ideas were coming to me much quicker. I am proud of my final work and I think it represents me well as an artist- maybe a bit darker than I normally go though lol.

Rorschach tests are so interesting to me both aesthetically and intellectually, and I think I have reflected this in my work.