Entopic Graphomania

In my first Entopic Graphomania work, I started by colouring all of the numbers. from there I made three pathways from each dot, I used a ruler to make sure that the lines were straight going from one point to the other. On my other work I started with the letter G. I decided to change the pen I used to a much thicker pen and I also decided not to rule these lines as I wanted them to be a little more organic than the ruled straight lines. for this work I alternated sides drawing one line on the left then one on the right until the lines connected in the middle and I was happy with how it looked. If I were to do this work again I would like to experiment with using curved lines to create a different effect.

4 Replies to “Entopic Graphomania”

1. Lucy, you have not used your Blog for the Discovering, Uncovering, Recovering Brief. This is an important part of the course work, for not only documenting your work but for research and reflection.

2. Lucy – you seem to be on a roll today which is exciting but your blog is very thin! Make sure you do your work justice by uploading and reflecting on your work. Don’t forget to post on the work we discussed and also the art gallery post you should have made!

3. These look great Lucy – Quite different. One block the image of the person – puts her in a space behind a line cage. the other wraps around another block of text. Both interesting strategies. Maybe think about line weight and how that might alter them – bringing more delth. Give it a shot on others over the weekend. Looks like we are back on campus next week. Woohoo!