Photography week 2: Day 1

These photos were taken mostly at Albert park. When I take images I take a monochrome and colour then decide which one looks best to show. I like colour enhances the definition of the image meanwhile monochrome focuses on shades. Even though it is a overcast day the sun still shone through the branches to give rays of light and difference in tones which is what I was after. I used my standard lens rather then my zoom so I could get the whole tree rather than part. I also didn’t want to depth of field for this task unless if it was for the building. I also had to be careful on what angle I used for the tree photographs as the sun was beaming heavily through the leaves it would create a light circle that ruins the image.

Here are some of my failed images:

The light was too intense at that moment so I changed my angle slightly and used a tree branch to block the harsh light. For the palm tree crane image I was trying to link nature with manmade structures. Lining the palm tree up to the crane to make it look like the palm tree is part of the crane.

Finding ideas: Searching “Being in nature photography”

Google image ideas:

I like the top search response more as there is leading line, shadow, composition, rule of thirds and colour etc that draws our attention to the person in the middle.