Sem 2- Wk 8

For the second half of Sem 2, I have photography! for the first week of an intro to this, we first learned the focus of this brief and how we will be doing it. The brief for us is Nature Drawing itself, something that I’m interested in as I’ve always loved seeing nature either reclaim the world with abandoned places/being left alone or seeing how we humans push the earth for self-benefit. For Wednesday we had to take photos around AUT to see ourselves the greenery, the places where nature interacts with us in our lives. I had mostly interacted with chancery as that’s a place I frequent as the building there and the nature used is aesthetically pleasing.

On Thursday when we started doing pinhole photography. It was something new as I’d never really heard of pinhole photography so it was a learning curve. When we started we all had a bucket with a tiny hole, but every hole has the slightest difference that changes the image quality so we had to do a few tests to figure out what was the perfect time for exposure for us individually. I had done three tests with a pretty overcast day, with more sun coming out later, and figured my golden times are 1-2 ish minutes. From taking the photos we had to develop them in a dark room. For me, it was hard to get used to walking in and out of the room, but still getting used to it. I say developing the photos is pretty straight forward and easy to understand.