Sm 2-Wk 9

For Wednesday we continued with pinhole photography. We got kind of lucky and had the same weather as the past Thursday. I only am saying we are lucky as if the weather had changed it would be hard to understand the time for our photography, so the similar weather quality let us take photos immediately without having to worry about doing new test strips. I also spent Wednesday helping two other classmates who weren’t there the past week and catching them up on everything. It was nice to teach them as not only did they learn, but I also got to refresh myself in the process of everything and make myself remember the details about how to do it. it was great as I had forgotten little steps as I was speeding through it and only realise some mistakes. I used bigger papers as I got confident in my ability. I’d say Wednesdays came out great as some parts are softer than others, showing this movement and wind, what I’m trying to incorporate. For my Nature Drawing itself, I want to incorporate the movement and technology of humans so if I get the wind to move nature or have people walk in front of my pinhole then I’m extremely happy about that.

Thursday we moved to a new type of photography, cyanotype. This one is different as we still used the same light-sensitive paper, but we used a machine inside the dark room that projects light for specific times and brightness for any time we want. This one was fun as we got to choose and manipulate how the images will come out. This was fun as thinking of the possibility of what we can add and change was extra exciting. I used plants from my garden as I wanted to keep the greenery used close to me and personal as I love just sitting at the door and looking at the garden, as It gives me a sense of calm and peace. This was a new challenge but fun and quick to learn and id say I nailed it! for the extra last one, I had wanted to see what would happen if I just had put a plastic bag around and id say it gave it such a fun texture that id so definitely keeps using.