Slow shutter speed and landscape

I went away over the weekend to Gisborne and while I was there, I used the opportunity to take photos of the beach. I used 1/25 shutter speed to change the water to a softer tone. This experiment was to explore how technology can change the way we see something using techniques that we have learnt. Nature creates the image for us and then we change it further to enhance its beauty. Using a zoom lens (75 to 300mm) I was able to get closer to the waver to create that change. In the images you can see the water blurred or less rough and that it what I was aiming to do. I tried the same technique with tap water but there wasn’t enough light and water to be able to make much of a change. Also, I was having trouble with the exposure and shutter speed however the light was bright enough so I could get correct exposure while changing. This is the first time that I’ve done this and I’m glad that it worked out to how I wanted.

The second colour image was taken with a super wide adapter and from a viewpoint. Using the wide angle rather than just my standard lens alone helped create that image. What I like about these images is how it’s all nature. No man-made construction like the botanical gardens. I think I missed the chance to recreate the image with the sun set however I am going to the bottle top bay for the sun set. Using the light itself to create its own story. I would like to enlarge the colour images to put them on my wall, but the printer doesn’t have colour as an option.