Film photos

These were the photos that were clear enough and the main images that I have put on my wall. It was my very first time using a film camera, so I was a little nervous. However, I used my instinct to pick interesting places around my garden and understand how this camera works differently to the modern camera out today. I used an older film that was creating a grainier look though looking back at these photos I don’t see much grain. To be honest this is almost clearer than my digital camera photos and I don’t understand how. I took 26 images, and my favourites are 1 and 2 (going across the top row) and the last 4 flower/ leaf images.

The tone of the film was different to using the monochrome setting in my DSLR. Its darker and has the fuzzy kind off blur. I like how that differs. I’ve looked at photographers that used old film cameras like the Nikon in the past and I’m amazed to see the difference in quality. I thought using an old film would be grainier which in itself has its own texture. I took these photos on an overcast day where the sun wasn’t harsh, so I think that’s what made the images.

The natural lighting was so subtle in how it created the images with the circle effect. I wasn’t expecting it to be so strong in presence but also clear in the shapes.