Photoshop experiments

I inverted these images before I photoshoped them and that allowed me to apply a solid colour fill to change the image entirely. I chose purple and blue because those colours give the nature a curious almost mystical look to it. It also reminds me of x-rays and examining leaves etc on the light box. To me these plants look stained with some type of chemical and that relates to the cyanotypes. Instead of doing the cyanotypes I created my own. I was interested in the manual process however for me I wanted the detail to stay in the images rather than blocking it with light. These photographs were taken at the botanical garden, and I used that location since it is a reconstruction of what nature looks like without the natural feel since there is human intervention to create the gardens itself.

I don’t really have any artists to be inspired by its more my own ideas and how I can relate them to the brief in a creative way. I did research when starting the brief however I went off to try my own ideas and using what I have learnt in the past to influence my new work.

I originally was going to put these photos up on my wall, but I didn’t feel like it connected to the other images, and I thought it would be a distraction. After the critical discussion I removed a few photos and rearranged the remaining ones so I could have more room to put my film photos.